I'd love to hear from you!

I'd love to know who's reading my blog, so please post a comment and share this with your friends.

I can be contacted at
videos4content@gmail.com
To buy my latest book, go to http://www.artscroll.com/Books/womth.html

To purchase Bridging the Golden Gate, go to

To view my videos, please go to: videos4content.com

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Erev Pesach

Erev Pesach -- you gotta love it. The men are outside, washinng the cars, or making barbeques, 'cause the kitchens all turned over for Pesach. Picnics in the park, or in the parking lot, or the garden, and more often or not, in the building lobby. The ladies greet each other with a weary smile and a look of relief. We're almost there! The hard part is over; now-- it's all those little details (where did I put the peices for the Pesachdik mixer?) and learning to cook in a what is a brand new kitchen!

Each year, there are two, or three days where I don't think I'll ever finish, where all I want to do is curl up in bed and forget about Pesach. And then, suddenly, the kitchen is done, the dishes are put away, and the house that I've been spring cleaning for the last two weeks looks like a tornado hit it (actually, even worse than that)-- and I can sit back for a while, relax, write, read a book, because I know that slowly but surely, everything will be  put away, the furniture will be dusted until it shines, the floors will get washed, the silver polished, and the table set to greet  the magic of  Yom Tov.

I feel like I just left Mitzrayim. The sea split, and somehow, I'm on the other side. Yes, I still have a long way to go (don't we all, no matter where we are in this journey) but for now, I can concentrate on the potato kugels and beet salads, and rejoice.

Many years ago, we all left Mitzrayim together, and then stood together as one to accept the Torah on Mt. Sinai. B'ezras Hashem, this year, may be all come together to Yerushalayim to bring the Korbon Pesach -- may it happen quickly and speedily, in our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment